Research Fellowships in Science and Engineering
Deadline 5pm Thursday 21 February 2013
Please download the 2013 General Regulations [pdf] for full eligibility criteria.
- Intended to give early career scientists or engineers of exceptional promise an opportunity to conduct a research project of their own instigation;
- Objective is to contribute to the knowledge base required for a healthy and innovative national culture;
- Approximately eight awards are made each year, one of which is designated the Brunel Fellowship.
- Applications from qualified engineering researchers are particular encouraged and the Brunel Fellowship is specifically reserved for them.
- Duration of three years, subject to annual renewal.
- £30,000 stipend payable in 2013 for year 1, and £31,500 for years 2 and 3. In addition a London Weighting of £2,500 per annum is payable in appropriate cases.
- Final year fellows are also sponsored to attend a Royal Society communication skills course, see Royal Society communication skills course
Apply for a Fellowship online.
[ up ]