2011 Fellowships & Studentships
- Mr Kevin Hanley* (Brunel Fellowship for Engineering) (University College Cork) Imperial College London,
Energy dissipation in granular soils subject to drained cyclic loading;
- Dr David Jennings (University of Cambridge) Imperial College London,
Relativistic quantum information science;
- Dr Ilya Kazachkov (McGill University USA) Mathematical Institute Oxford,
Group actions on real cubings;
- Miss Naomi Matthews* (University of Oxford) United States Geological Survey,
Triggering a super-eruption: Quantification of volcanic processes and associated timescales
- Mr Stephen Montgomery*(University of Cambridge)University of Oxford,
Brain evolution in butterflies;
- Miss Jennifer Noble* (University of Strathclyde) University of Provence,
Complex chemistry in the interstellar medium: a comprehensive approach;
- Dr Ross Springell (University College London) University of Oxford,
Actinide science for the modern era: a bottom up approach;
- Mr André Xuereb* (University of Southampton) Queen’s University Belfast,
Nonlinear optomechanics: Towards macroscopic non-classical states;
*subject to completion of PhD.
- Mr Matthew Harwood, Simcyp Limited / University of Manchester,
The impact of inter-individual variability in human intestinal transport protein abundance and function on drug absorption.
- Miss Kaylie Smith, Ketonex Limited / University of Sheffield,
Development, Scale-up and Commercialisation of Spherical Particulate PEKK, Functionalised PEKK and other PEK Home, Random and Block Copolymers.
- Miss Ruth Tunnell, QinetiQ Fort Halstead / Imperial College,
The degradation of complex hybrid propellants
- Mr Sarat Babu (EngD), Bread Ltd / University College London,
Designing hybrid functionally graded materials.
- Mr Nicholas Brierley (EngD), RWE npower / Imperial,
Improving the reliability of automated non-destructive inspection
- Mr Daniel Graham (EngD), BAE Systems / University of Surrey,
Advanced hybrid structures for aerospace defence applications.
- Mr Timothy Scully (EngD), Procter & Gamble / University College,
An appearance model for human skin.
Industrial Design Studentships
- Mr Ben Alun-Jones (Imperial College), Royal College of Art / Imperial College
- Miss Millie Clive-Smith (University of Sheffield), Royal College of Art / Imperial College
- Mr Jeffrey Gough (University of Southampton), Royal College of Art / Imperial College
- Miss Kate Reed (University of Leicester), University of Birmingham, MSc Computer Science
- Mr Oliver Ross (University of Glasgow), University of Cambridge, MPhil industrial Systems, Manufacturing and Management
- Miss Natalie Vanns (Brunel University), UMEA University, Sweden, MA Advanced Product Design
[ up ]